Head of Data
Why should you consider working WITH us?
Bnext’s mission is to completely disrupt the way people see and interact with money. Creating a financial Brand that users can “love”, and allowing them to choose in financial terms like they do in all other aspects of their life, creating one sole financial identity that they can use to spend anywhere in the world and contract any financial product they might need. And that’s impossible without radically changing how financial platforms work from the inside, how data is structured and manipulated.
We have acquired more clients in the last 12 months than any other Fintech in Spain, and we have the great challenge of ensuring that we fully understand our customer needs to be their main card and to be the first option when hiring financial products. We currently have Engagement Marketing, Growth Marketing, Product and Monetization teams that use the large amount of data we have to achieve their goals.
So far the work has been focused on creating a solid data architecture and an efficient BI system that allows the analysis of a large amount of data and ensures the quality of the generated data. The next step is to carry out predictive analytics and develop products and services through tools such as Machine Learning and AI that allow us to have better vision and control over the objectives as well as to offer better services to the bnexters.
Does this sound interesting? Keep reading and come work with us!
About the Product
Right now, we offer our users the possibility of opening an account in minutes from their phones, and receiving their Pink Visa Bnext Card via Glovo, inbound mail or picking it up at kiosks (soon). Once they have their card, they can:
- Withdraw money from any ATM with no fees
- Pay anywhere in the world with their Bnext card (no additional fee up to a certain limit)
- When our users pay, they see the logo, point of the Map and (real) business name in their Bnext App
- Send money the way they send a whatsapp, with their fingerprint or even face if they have the iPhone X (seeing their friends face)
- Connect Bank accounts to Bnext
- Customer Care Via Chat and using GIF’s
- Emojis in every Push Notification based in the spending category
- Auto Top-Up of your Bnext Account
We are working on several cool developments like:
- Allowing users to connect their cryptocurrency and pay with crypto
- Pay with the phone
- Any cool thing you might think of!
We were selected to be part of the Accelerator Program Plug and Play, that already accelerated companies like PayPal or Dropbox.
We closed a crowdequity round with Crowdcube in the record-breaking time of 24 hours.
We were chosen by Google to be part of the Campus Residency Program and have been working with the Google team on OKR Management since July 2017.
We won the 2017 Fintech Open Challenge given by Banco Santander & The Valley Business School, with a 10,000 € prize
Bnext is a group of cool humans. The team is comprised of fresh and talented minds with experience in Banking, Business, Marketing, Engineering, App Programming, User Experience and Design. We believe it’s essential to have fun at work, and we try to apply this premise to our daily lives.
Just a heads-up: a member of our team is currently undertaking studies in Magic. No joke.
We currently work at Monte Esquinza 28, nearby Madrid city centre and close to Alonso Martinez and Colon ;)
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- The greatest working environment ever ;)
- A cool working culture where everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning in your field
- Flexible schedule
- Management of a full data team, comprised of engineers, analysts and scientists
- Decision of which platforms and tools will be used for data warehousing, ETL, modelling and analysis
- Communication with business areas to identify potential use cases related to use of data
- Proactivity when considering new technologies that may favor the Product or any department within Bnext
Qualifications and skills
- Previous experience leading a data team with engineers, scientists and analysts.
- Degree or Master in any of the following disciplines (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics)
- Experience with: numpys, pandas, sckit-learn, keras, XGBoost, to develop ML and Deep Learning algorithms and models.
- Communication skills and fully understanding of various business areas goals within the company.
- Fluent in writing well-documented code
- High level of English both written and spoken.
- Ability to work remotely and with multidisciplinary teams and external partners.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about new technologies and to learn new things and propose improvement
- Previous experience in a dat team within the Fintech Sector
- Previous experience with Big Query and Google Cloud Platform tools
- Programing skills in node.js
You should also know that:
if you think that you’d be a good fit but you’re missing on some of the points, please apply anyway and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit. We might find a spot for you!Preséntate al puesto
¿Por qué trabajar en Bnext?
Queremos que tengas la flexibilidad que necesites para organizar tu trabajo. Si un día no quieres venir a trabajar o dormir dos hora más, lo podrás hacer mientras cumplas tus objetivos.
Trabaja desde casa
Podrás trabajar desde tu casa, desde la playa o mientras disfrutas de tus hijos. Estamos seguros que el ambiente que hay en la oficina te encantará pero siempre tendrás esta posibilidad.
No dejes de aprender
Tenemos un ambiente donde el aprendizaje siempre está presente. Trabajarás con grandes profesionales y tendrás apoyo por parte de todo el equipo siempre que lo necesites.
Estamos orgullosos de tener un gran equipo humano y profesional. No solo encontrarás compañeros de trabajo. Aquí vas a encontrar grandes amigos!
Invierte en tu futuro
Damos a cada empleado una carrera profesional dentro de la empresa. En un sector muy interesante y con muchas cosas por hacer. Queremos que crezcas con nosotros.
Jueves de cervezas, viernes de pizzas, jugar a los bolos, salir a cenar, ir a los karts, escape room, etc. Podrás apuntarte siempre que quieras!
Ya sea una liga de fútbol con distintas startups, pilates o clases de boxeo. Algo fundamental para mantener tu mente siempre fresca.
Fruta, bebida y snacks
Te sentirás como en casa. Tendrás café, fruta y snacks saludables para mantenerte siempre con energía.
Sí, no se contarán los días de vacaciones que te cojas y podrás cogerlas cuando quieras. Es imprescindible descansar y volver frescos para darlo todo a la vuelta de vacaciones.